Dayton, Tenn. – The Bryan Lions Baseball team made a big jump in this week's poll, climbing five spots to check in at No. 15. The Lions have won 14 of their last 16 games, with the only losses coming against fellow Appalachian Athletic Conference rival No. 8 Tennessee Wesleyan (Mar. 25-26), who just upset No. 1 Georgia Gwinnett 13-8 in a mid-week top-25 showdown.
The Lions picked up 271 voting points, four fewer than No. 14 Freed-Hardeman (Tenn.) and four more than No. 16 MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.).
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences and the Association of Independent Institutions.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low ratings) is removed and the team's ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appears on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered "receiving votes"
- For the complete top 25 poll, click here.
Bryan currently holds a 28-9 overall record and 11-4 record in conference play, and looks to add another win to the list today as they host Toccoa Falls College (Ga.) at 4pm. Follow the game live here.
For the full Bryan Lions Baseball schedule, click here.